Friday, September 10, 2010

On to the Next One

Good morning, ladies. Today is a happy day. I weigh 160.9, which means that I can now focus on my third goal of 150. Thanks for all the positivity and support; it feels really good to see results, and to have people tip their hats at it. You're all so lovely. :)

Yesterday's fast went well: one glass of orange juice and one mile walked. I feel so light and dainty (until I realize there's still pounds of fat clinging to me). Today should pose no problem: I'll mostly be alone, and am planning to do only light housework, laundry, etc. so I won't be very exhausted by the time I go to work tonight. If needed, I have a portion of chicken broth set aside to keep me moving.

I stayed up late last night scheming, and this is what I came up with:
If this works for me, then I'll make additional plans for the rest of the week. I really need to start preparing my own food and stop relying on packaged stuff. There are so many delicious options out there, and cooking for myself ensures proper nutrition and calories. Plus, I could eat less at dinner by claiming to have "munched" in the kitchen. :)

It feels weird to write about food in a somewhat positive light. Honestly, I'd rather never eat anything again... but when I give in to that urge I always end up binging. Always. So, to prevent myself from going through that hell, I'm going to allow myself a taste of this and a taste of that. Barely enough to satisfy my taste buds, yet nothing that will hinder my goals. For example: 100 calorie double chocolate brownies. If yummy food is already budgeted (and compensated) for in my meal plan, then I'll be much less likely to go overboard, and will generally raise less alarm with my husband. "But honey, remember when I ate that brownie with you...?" I have to put my food issues aside to focus on weight loss. Fifty more pounds to go; no distractions.

Any other chefs out there? This list is a work in progress of tasty meals under 200 calories. I only have about twenty recipes, so if you know of any good'uns please pass them on.


...reach for the sky...

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I totally checked out your list of 200 calorie meals. I'm not a chef in the slightest, sorry I can't help! I'm glad you're thinking about food in a positive light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo love the 200 cal meals. ive put a recipe section on my blog with low cal things but ive only got 3 recipes up so far. congrats on making the 160lb mark. xo

    ReplyDelete