Sunday, September 26, 2010

Old Demons Never Die

I've reached a decision; recovery will wait. It's impossible to think about eating more while I still weigh over 120 pounds. I'm trying to just forget about the whole idea for now. Thank y'all for the supportiveness... I'm so lucky to be in touch with such fucking awesome people.

I bought a food diary. It's tiny and cute - like a mini composition book. I'm not going to bother with hiding it. In fact, I'm not really hiding anything about the way I eat. Not at home at least. If my husband doesn't give a shit, why should I stress out about concealing it? His apathy is my perfect advantage.

Still no weight loss. I'm not too worried about it... things are rather uh, backed up at the moment. Ew. I saw 154 on the scale the last time things were regular, so I'm really hoping that by tomorrow I'll be back on track. Official weigh-in three days away... oh, dear. It would be so fucking nice if I didn't have a mini meltdown every time things went wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe your husband doesn't know that to do or how to feel about it. He didn't cause it and he can't fix it.

    You can begin fixing it by pick a sane weight range and eating the correct amount of calories from healthy food and take the energy that this obsession is robbing from you and help people who are much worse off than you are.

    There is a disorder called orthorexia. It is the fixation with only eating really healthy food.

    Your recovery has started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole disordered lifestyle is really hard to give up. People think it's so easy and that you can just stop. Well, I would just suggest trying to keep your cals low but reasonable so your metabolism doesn't stall out. When that happens it makes things so much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do the rite thing for you love. i dont want you to get hurt, but i also wish to support you, please think this over. i'll be thinking of you.

    love S xoxo

    ReplyDelete