Sunday, September 19, 2010

Frayed Ends of Sanity

This morning, I volunteered to let the husband take the truck to work; I wanted to walk. Too bad I didn't remember that there's a freaking hurricane on the coast right now, which means lots of spin-off rainy action where I live. It's pouring down outside. I don't know what to do... go to work soaked? Find a ride? Don a plastic garbage bag and run like hell? We'll see. I'm just going to pray and hope for a fifteen minute reprieve around 4:30 this afternoon.

I'm going to forgive what happened last night. My husband says stupid things when he's drunk, and while I don't know if that's okay or not... I won't let it bother me to the point of psychosis and self-injury. I'm afraid to elaborate much here, but let's nod our heads in agreement when I say that I am crazy. I see and hear things when I'm in a distressed state of mind. Also, once my mind has de-rationalized itself, it's very easy to start listing all the reasons I should kill myself.

There's a lot of logic involved in my decision to grant forgiveness... rather important hunks of information regarding my marriage, my past, and my future. I just don't feel like writing about this shit anymore. I have news to share.

In the last ten days, I have lost:
  • 3.5 pounds
  • 2.34% body fat
  • 1 inch on my waist and hips
  • .5 inches on my neck, chest, navel, and thighs
It isn't as much progress as I had hoped for, but in my defense: I'm on my fucking period. Enough said? :|

Oh, and only two more pounds before I reach my lowest weight. I really can't believe how fat I've been all my adolescent life.

6 comments:

  1. FUCKING WELL DONE, JAS!!!
    I'm so proud of you and not just for your weight loss achievements but, for the good decisions involving your mental health as well. Good job!

    I really hope the weather improves on your end. Feel better and send some rain my way!

    All the best, Darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Aria, from 2treasurehuntsblog :)

    Thank you for the comments, I wanted to email you because I came across the infamous boots on Ebay CHEEP!! size 8

    if you would like the info: email address on my blog.

    p.s. they end in 1 day 11hours

    ♡ Aria

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont be so hard on yourself! any loss is GREAT no matter how little or large, you're amazing

    and if it were me, i would call a cab <3

    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you, Jasmine! You're progress is truly inspiring. Keep it up!

    I always say that it's better to forgive and forget. It's better to apologize than keep a grudge (even if you didn't do anything wrong). I just encourage you to keep your chin up and take the high road. Husbands can be ridiculous from what I hear from the few married friends I do have. Hold tight girl, you're doing great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, you're so amazing!
    Hang in there, lovely.
    Good luck in the rain!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it sounds like you are doing fantastic! i need to get inspired by you, 'cause i am doing just awful!
    Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete