Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keep On Rolling

There's only three rolls of toilet paper left in the restroom, the truck has a tiny bit of gas, and the pantry is empty. So, why am I not out shopping? Well... maybe I neglected all of these things in favor of something really super awesome: an acoustic guitar. The really important bills are paid anyway, and I can always walk to work and borrow toilet paper... as for the pantry, I really don't care. I have a guitar.

After an hour and a half of looking for something I could actually afford, I finally found one for $70. It was missing a string, so I stopped by a music shop and they rigged me up a new string for only $1! I also got some awesome deals on repairs that my guitar needs... oh, and a free guitar case with all kinds of padding and pockets. I'd call it a total win. :)

I think I need to start keeping an actual food diary. I've been good lately, staying under 300 cals and keeping active, but I miss having thorough data to analyze. I enjoy looking for similarities between my diet and weight loss... like, "oh, I ate a 400 cal cheeseburger that day, no wonder I didn't lose anything for two days." I originally thought I would be able to keep track of that here, but lately I haven't been able to update regularly. Finding a diary would be no problem; I just need to think of where to hide it. Hmmm.

My abdominal muscles are beginning to peek through the fat. Even at my lowest weight, I never saw that particular definition. Also, my butt has no more nasty fat dimples, and my back is relatively flat and smooth. I am so pumped to reach my next goal weight - almost halfway there! :D

The husband's been on a little diet of his own lately; I'm glad that I can be an inspiration for so many people. But please remember, my main goal is to be thin and healthy... I don't want to motivate anybody into a coma or heart attack. I understand the feeling of wanting to be hospitalized, to be validated, but I really don't want to see any of you lovely ladies end up there.

Thanks for all the support and encouraging comments. I appreciate having people congratulate me on my self-improvement, without wagging their fingers at me for how I did it. You all rock.

6 comments:

  1. A GUITAR! That's deeply cool! I'm too much of a spaz for that. Rock on, Jas! I'm pleased to hear you had a spot of good luck. Discounts and freebies always make me giddy :D Yay!

    I'm very envious of your abs. When you have digestive troubles like I do, you always look a few months pregnant. Only really appealing if you actually are with child! Yikes! Hopefully it will change. (Hide the bread!)

    You're sounding much better today, Sweetie. I'm glad. I hope you have a great day. X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guitar was $340 dollars and is a Seagull. I named her Daisy. I'm in love with her. You'll pick up on the guitar really fast! And I bet you'll love it. I know that for me it's a great time waster and it's great at just letting your emotions out. Strumming really hard to a minor chord and crying, or just plucking away with some soft humming. Let us know how the playing goes!

    I love your approach to life. It's very inspiring. Actually your whole blog and every entry I read is always very inpiring. I'm excited for you about your abs coming in! That's such an excitment!

    I too have a weight journal and I hide it in a stack of school books, pointless journals and fiction reads. I hide my thins in plain sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on Girl...I'm so excited for you! I definitely wish I could play the guitar...any instrument for that matter..I'm not coordinated enough. I'm glad you're in a good place...and I'm proud of how far you have come...you are for sure an inspiration. Take care...Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you! it always feels good to buy something you really want. you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hecks yea to the guitar! that's awesome :)
    And as long as the bills are paid, everything else can be compensated for : D

    Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  6. You work hard you deserve something nice to enjoy. Great job with sticking to your cals too.

    ReplyDelete