Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bittersweet

The whole family went to eat at a steakhouse, and I survived. Nibbled at the appetizers, ate from the salad bar, and went back for "seconds".

It's time to tally up:
  • A bite of onion ring, a bite of fried mushroom (30 cal.)
  • Beef tips with gravy, rice, and beans (50 cal.)
  • Salad with a dribble of ranch, cauliflower, and carrot (30 cal.)
  • Banana cream pie (60 cal.)
Total: 170 calories
100 crunches, -70 cal.
Net: 100 calories 

That is freaking amazing, considering how well I had everyone fooled today. Grandma asked about my weight loss after I ordered a salad... I smiled and said that I've just been eating healthy, that's all. I really didn't lie to my grandmother; I think I am being healthy. Obsessing over calories and fat is much better than mindlessly eating.

Tomorrow they're going home and I'm gracefully slipping back into the negative. I'm going to be so sad about their departure... yet simultaneously blissful. *sigh*

Stay strong, my lovelies. xox


4 comments:

  1. Bittersweet is a perfect title for this entry, hun. I know how you feel. Nice job on the calories with family today! I too had a similar situation with that today and I came out much worse than you did. Kudos for you, my dear.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, I wish I was that good when I ate out with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did awesome eating out. I could learn a lesson from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i know my grandma will ask me the same thing tonight!
    thanks so much for your tip and the website!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete