Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Detoxify

I've done horribly with my rules so far. Apparently I'm not in the right frame of mind right now for rigid structure... so I'm gonna go for a more abstract approach: "listening" to my body. It's hurting right now, and I need to feel better so I can get my ass back on track.

What my body's saying to me:
  • Drink more water and juice
  • Cleanse toxins from junk food
  • Exercise more and tone flab
  • Stop sleeping all day
  • My period's coming soon
I'm going to stop weighing myself for a while, maybe until my period comes and goes. It's just so depressing to see that number only go up, and up, and up... but I know I can do this. I'll give my body everything it asks for, and when it needs food I'll give it either whole grains or fresh fruit/veggies. I'm going to drink epic amounts of water, and drink senna tea every night (regardless of my intake).

Last night I binged until my stomach was in agony. Somehow I felt that if I made myself sick enough, I would never want to eat again. It's almost as if I was punishing myself for having an appetite. I didn't really want any of that food. And I didn't throw any of it up. Yeah... now you see why I'm avoiding the scale.

Normally my mind would be in turmoil right now, considering how much I weigh, how long I've been at this weight, and how much I ate last night. I would probably hate myself so much right now. I guess I'm just saving my energy for productive efforts, which is good. I like being an optimist - it yields more results.

The other day, I donated my snack money ($5) to the charity we've been promoting at work. It felt so good to know I had just given 20 kids a meal instead of buying some fatty chips or something. Oh, and for those um "monetarily challenged" of you... http://freerice.com is a great way to feed those starving kiddos at no cost to you, and it's an amazing time-killer.

Stay beautiful, ladies.. xox

2 comments:

  1. hey im sorry that you had a horrid day and i hope that you feel better soon- eating until you feel so sick that you'll never want to eat again i think was a really smart idea xD
    i dont thinki'll give it a try though... :)

    love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *It is hard to watch that number go up and feel like you have not control. Your attitude is good though which can only help.

    ReplyDelete